In recent times, health care concept of the people has undergone a tremendous change which has led to higher expectations and an increased demand for high quality medical care and facilities.
It is understood that a good Hospital Management System result in cost cutting and efficient management being precise at the same time. It also provides relevant information across the hospital to support effective decision making for patient care, hospital administration and critical financial accounting, in a seamless flow.
We at Octaware Technologies understand this need and are well aware how to achieve a balanced health care software solution because there are a number of stakeholders involved – Patients, Operators, Bystanders, Reviewers, Auditors & Medical practitioners. Further more, while going for a Hospital Management System, the technology used should be secure, interoperable, manageable, scalable and reliable. Thus making it necessary to keep a balanced solution in mind.
Octaware HIMS is an integrated information system designed to manage the Administrative, Financial and Clinical aspects of a Hospital. HIMS provides very effective policy decision making tools for middle & top level management. HIMS provide strong front-end for hospital user for the customized and reengineered processes to ensure optimum utilization of equipment and manpower.
The HIMS is the basic building block of the system and creates a powerful web application. The backbone of this portal is a comprehensive database, which creates a centralized repository for medical and Administrative information which then becomes available to practitioner as well as to provider.
The main features of Octaware Hospice include :
- Web-based Application– Hospice Advanced HIMS is based on the latest MS web based technology. It is web enabled seamlessly integrated application supporting distributed centre transactions.
- Clinical focus on EMR– The application incorporates a comprehensive EMR enabling superior clinical decision making, improved patient safety, increased efficiencies and better hospital- patient relations.
- Superior Reporting– Due to this fully integrated online system the various medical and administrative reports are available online for management at the click of a button at their terminal, enabling faster and superior decision making. Highly graphic executive Dashboard/MIS enables the executive management to monitor pivotal metrics.
- Improved User Experience– Hospice HIMS is built in DotNet and has a very simple and clear layout with ease of use and intuitive system guided workflows resulting in a rich and enhanced GUI for the users.
- Integration with Third Party Applications– Hospice Advanced HIMS can also be interfaced seamlessly with third party systems and devices such as:
- Picture Archival & Communications System (PACS) for imaging solutions
- Laboratory Analyzers
- Barcode and RFID
- Document Management System
- Palmtop, PDA & other Handheld devices
- Digital Pads
- Speech Recognition Software
- EPABX System
- Smart Card
- Improved Security and User control– The advanced role-based access model and architecture incorporates a flexible security matrix defining the users and their permissions within each module. This ensures that only care providers with the proper authorization have access to patient information.
- Technology Enablers– The advanced role-based access model and architecture incorporates a flexible security matrix defining the users and their permissions within each module. This ensures that only care providers with the proper authorization have access to patient information.
- Microsoft Platform
- Tablet PC
- Multi-Touch Computing
- Mobile Application Development
Hospice provides a web based solution of Hospital Information Management for small, medium to large Healthcare organization.
Benefits to Hospital include:
- Ease of Usage & faster patient processing
- Improved operational control
- Improved Quality Care
- Streamlined operations
- Improve response time
- Effective Accounting
- Increase workforce productivity
- Enables healthcare facilities and physicians to better serve their patients
- Maintaining hospital records and their fast retrieval
- Powerful security features
- Historical Data preservation, inquiry and display.
- Electronic Dynamic Reporting