MS Visual C#, MS Asp.Net, MS SQL Server 2008, IIS 7.0, Web Services, Moss 2007
Our Client is responsible for monitoring regulatory compliance of the authorized firms, there Supervision division interacts with the firms on on-going basis to collect necessary information for monitoring compliance, reporting and addressing any risks to the supervisory objectives.
In their existing environment the aspect of information acquisition, processing,
management and reporting is fairly manual and redundant. They are using two different systems RIS and Intranet to manage information and associated documents. As a result, Supervision team is performing tasks twice: once to process the documents and maintain them in the Intranet, second: update RIS and enter the relevant information to enable the report generation. Due this Institutional contacts information is maintained in more than one repository and not being able to locate when it is needed most.
The process of reviewing the prudential reports is fairly manual which is task intensive and potentially error prone. With the Lack of alert system, the events such as waivers expiration had to be track manually which sometimes resulting into breaches.
Octaware provide client with web based application developed in 3 tier architecture with extensive use of .Net framework functionalities. It helps them to consolidated their legacy systems and provides the flexible user interface for consistent access to documents and information from multiple systems of records.
The data, stored in a SharePoint-based repository enabled the Supervision team to access institution(FIRMS) related data in one single location. Octaware created a robust firm directory using the User Profile Service and help them manage meeting and event workspaces with the firm’s calendars.
After implementation of web application client have unified interface to access documents and information across all repositories and LOB’s.
- Structured data captured at source ensured completeness of data and resulted in drastic reduction of overall process time.
- Automated workflows with rules, based on DMS data reduced overall process timeline.
- SharePoint-based repository and search reduced the search time.
- Digitization of content.
- Reduced operational cost due to reduction in queries, automated notification for renewal and paperless sharing of content.
- No slippages in terms of data accuracy.
- Consistent user interface and simplified data entry
- User-defined per diem functionality and workflow approvals with configurable distribution lists