Our client is a largest global speciality packing company has employees in 12 countries. Their existing recognition scheme structure was hierarchical with many different levels. Due to this mechanism relatively few people get recognised and it was time consuming to operate.
Their challenges was to create a web-based enterprise-wide strategic recognition program which create a system that employees owned and drove themselves, which generated its own excitement. They want to provide an opportunity to acknowledge efforts and successes that might otherwise go unseen and uncelebrated.
Octaware provide a solution which go beyond rewards, and help client to create a performance-driven culture and motivate the people around the organisation. We have created a solution that replaced hierarchical structure with very simple online recognition platform. With a centralized platform, employees have one place to access all of the company’s recognition program. The new programme has two recognition level:-
The ‘GEM’ website enable employees to recommend each other for all those times someone does something special for a colleague. Both individuals and teams can be recognised for helping out and making a difference. These recognition are delivered in the form of a personalised gifts item or a cash rewards to the employee.
On the other hand BEEP! website provide a peer-to-peer program which create a foundation for a culture of recognition. This program puts ownership of engagement in the hands of the individuals itself, increasing responsibility and commitment and driving home the co-ownership of success. These recognition are delivered in the form of a personalised e-card to the employee.
- Increased individual productivity
- Greater employee satisfaction and enjoyment of work – more time spent focusing on the job and less time complaining.
- Direct performance feedback for individuals and teams is provided.
- Higher loyalty and satisfaction scores from customers.
- Teamwork between employees is enhanced.
- Retention of quality employees increases – lower employee turnover.
- Better safety records and fewer accidents on the job.
- Lower negative effects such as absenteeism and stress.