The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access.
Client want to migrate their existing SharePoint Server (MOSS 2007) to new available version (2013) in order to facilitate collaboration between their departments. They also want to include an internal tool for the team to manage a number of process including Contract Agreement process, Grant Agreement Process, Payment Request Process, AMEX/VISA expense reimbursement process and cash advance payment process.
Their existing system generated a significant number of request per month. Managing this process was an onerous, costly and time-consuming activity that was not germane to their business. They want to create a web-based enterprise portal solution with customized workflow for process, which ensure internal and regulatory expense management compliance, exceptional financial control and powerful expenses reporting.
Octaware worked with UNF to create an intranet portal based on SharePoint. Octaware help them with migrating their historical data to new SharePoint environment. Octaware created a document library and custom approval workflow by using out of box functionality of SharePoint.
Octaware intranet portal provide them with complete tracking and reporting for all types of business expenses, including travel, cash advances, reimbursement, approval, and audit and make sure timely and accurate reimbursement of expenses.
With Portal upgradation, they capture comprehensive and accurate data at every step and database driven workflow eliminates misrouted document, providing a better security, reliability and document control.
- Streamlined way of sharing critical information across multiple departments.
- Streamlined Processing of business travel and relocation expenses and configurable reimbursement process steps with customized reimbursement policies.
- Efficient business approval process
- Consistent user interface and simplified data entry for reporting and auditing.
- Get 100 percent, end-to-end visibility of every process.
- User-defined policy definitions with multiple employee authority.
- Reduced operational cost due to reduction in queries, automated notification on changes and paperless sharing of content.